Friday, February 10, 2012

Meet the interest of student to motivate them in L2 learning

I commented on a post named Blue Bird in the blog Film-english. It interested me a lot as the reason of I myself don't like the way of learning a language just to do exercise of the 4 aspect of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.Since it's boring and  However, I do love watching movies of talk-shows in the target language. The auther shared a great idea which has very detailed procedures of how we teachers could address this method to our lesson plan in the future,it will be very helpful for students to create something by themselves after imitating from the film. Also, it could be used in group activities which engage students to practice speaking at the same time.

This idea applied all of the four elements of language learning at the same time without making it complicated to students. The most significant benefit is, it combined input and output of language perfectly and enhanced the students' motivation.

I would love to address this method into my future teaching. 





1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Movies can be a great addition to our teaching repertoire. In our online forum I've given your 2 more sites about using movies in the classroom that you might find interesting.